At Key to Speech, we provide private speech-language pathology services to children and adults, including assessment, treatment and consultation for a wide range of communication (include voice) and swallowing disorders.
Voice and Chronic Cough
Please book if you are experiencing the following:
- Swallowing difficulties, coughing/choking during meals
- ENTs recommended voice therapy
Pediatric Speech and Language
Book if you have concerns with your child's speech and language concerns.
Speech/Articulation: How we produce sounds and words.
- "wabbit" for "rabbit", "tar" for "car",
- Lisps ("slushy" sound when saying "s", "z", "sh", "ch", "j")
Language: Understanding and use of words to communicate. Language also includes the use of gestures.
- Difficulty understanding language (ex. "give daddy the key") and concepts (ex. "on", "under")
- Limited vocabulary
- Late talker
- Early language skills: gestures, facial expressions, imitation, joint-attention, eye-contact
Book if you/your child is experiencing difficulties with the flow of speaking.
Your/your child's speech may be characterized by:
- Hesitations (ex. "uh", "like")
- Repetitions of sounds, syllables, and phrases (ex. "Look at the b-b-baby," "Let's go out-out-out")
- Sound prolongation (ex. "I had sssssoup for lunch")
- Blocks in airflow (ex. "I see a (pause) dog")
Literacy Skills (Reading and Writing)
Book if you child has difficulties with reading and writing.
- Early literacy skills
- Phonological awareness
- Dyslexia and/or dysorthographia
Dysphagia (Impaired Swallowing)
Book if you are experiencing the following:
- Difficulty chewing
- Coughing or choking when eating and drinking
- Sensation of food getting "stuck"
- Pain when swallowing
- Problems managing saliva (ex. drooling and/or choking on saliva)
- Disinterest, isolation related to eating or drinking
Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA)
Book only if you have been assessed by a Speech-Language Pathologist at our clinic and have been assigned to a CDA under the SLP's supervision.