Please read the descriptions below carefully in order to book with the most appropriate clinician as not all of our Speech-Language Pathologists work with every population/area of communication). If you have concerns with more than one problematic, please book under your main concern. If you have questions or not sure who to book with for your communication concerns, we are just an email or phone call away!
Pediatric Speech and Language
Book if you have concerns with your child's speech and language concerns.
Speech/Articulation: How we produce sounds and words.
- "wabbit" for "rabbit", "tar" for "car",
- Lisps ("slushy" sound when saying "s", "z", "sh", "ch", "j")
Language: Understanding and use of words to communicate. Language also includes the use of gestures.
- Difficulty understanding language (ex. "give daddy the key") and concepts (ex. "on", "under")
- Limited vocabulary
- Late talker
- Early language skills: gestures, facial expressions, imitation, joint-attention, eye-contact
Book if you/your child is experiencing difficulties with the flow of speaking.
Your/your child's speech may be characterized by:
- Hesitations (ex. "uh", "like")
- Repetitions of sounds, syllables, and phrases (ex. "Look at the b-b-baby," "Let's go out-out-out")
- Sound prolongation (ex. "I had sssssoup for lunch")
- Blocks in airflow (ex. "I see a (pause) dog")