Please read the descriptions below carefully in order to book with the most appropriate clinician as not all of our Speech-Language Pathologists work with every population/area of communication). If you have concerns with more than one problematic, please book under your main concern. If you have questions or not sure who to book with for your communication concerns, we are just an email or phone call away!
Dysphagia (Impaired Swallowing)
Book if you are experiencing the following:
- Difficulty chewing
- Coughing or choking when eating and drinking
- Sensation of food getting "stuck"
- Pain when swallowing
- Problems managing saliva (ex. drooling and/or choking on saliva)
- Disinterest, isolation related to eating or drinking
Book if you/your child is experiencing difficulties with the flow of speaking.
Your/your child's speech may be characterized by:
- Hesitations (ex. "uh", "like")
- Repetitions of sounds, syllables, and phrases (ex. "Look at the b-b-baby," "Let's go out-out-out")
- Sound prolongation (ex. "I had sssssoup for lunch")
- Blocks in airflow (ex. "I see a (pause) dog")